Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and department originating request and accounting.
- Maintains computerized procurement records, such as costs, delivery.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action. Arranges for returns as necessary to prevent overstocking inventory.
- Checks with warehouse personnel to determine if material is on hand and in sufficient quantity.
- Perform other duties assigned by Supervisor or Manager
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively with vendors and co-workers and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Basic blue print reading and included in this skill category. Being able to extract parts information from Blue prints in order to process parts orders.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out a detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Contact Deb Kennedy, 603-225-1115 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com